Since its opening in 1956 by cinema enthusiast Monsieur Lincio, the Rex cinema has proposed a variety of films. It is also a place for sharing and a cultural meeting point.
Monsieur Lincio and his wife, both cinephiles, rented their first cinema in 1945. For several years they collaborated with young amateurs, themselves cinephiles, in running the cinema.
After numerous names, the cinema officially became the Rex. Today, the building belongs to the commune.
Despite the change in ownership, this symbol of Aubonne has kept its role as a cultural meeting point. With just one screen, the cinema proposes a rich and diverse programme that delights all cinephiles alike.