© Le Grütli
© Sacha Fehlmann
© Léo Fabrizio
© Morges Région Tourisme
© Commune de Mollens
© Morges Region Tourism 2017
Architectural journey through the centuries
A Cluniac church, an 18th century castle, a gourmet cheese factory, a very special library... at first glance they have nothing in common. And yet these different sites have the particularity of a very singular architecture! Take your bike from Bière to L'Isle and you will discover these places steeped in history while enjoying the green landscapes of the Pied du Jura.
- Morges - Bière: MBC train Morges - Bière, platform 5, free transport of your bike
- Tourist office, Bière: according to the schedule, visit of the Bière Tourist office and of the "Carré d'expo" (free of charge)
- Bière - Mollens: by bike, follow the recommended route, which mostly avoids the main roads.
- Mollens: visit the village of Mollens and its clunisian church. Mollens was attached to the priory of Romainmôtier, affiliated with Cluny in 1167 and thus became a small monastic centre. In April 1798, a fire destroyed 48 houses, the church and all the village archives it contained.
Coffee break at the Auberge
Contemplation of the castle of Mollens (private), dating from the end of the 18th century.
- Mollens - Montricher: bike route
- Fromagerie Gourmande, Montricher: visit of the cheese factory, a modern building (free). Lunch on site or at the Auberge des 2 sapins in the village.
- Montricher: village - Jan Michalski Foundation, follow the signs. Architecture of the 21st century, visit of the library, one of the most beautiful in Switzerland, and of the temporary exhibition.
*OPTION: Visit of the Galerie La Chaumière (Friday to Sunday)
- Montricher - L'Isle: route from the Jan Michalski Foundation to L'Isle, follow the suggested itinerary, which passes in front of the Venoge's spring.
- L'Isle: visit of the village, the Castle Park and the Confiserie Hohl.
Evening meal option at the Restaurant du Grütli (Homemade Label)
*OPTION: for the more sporty, join Morges via the Swiss road by bike (Switzerland Mobile) #473, 24 km
- L'Isle - Morges: MBC train from L'Isle to Morges with change at Apples.*
Departure from L'Isle 18h12 / 19h12 / 20h12 / 21h12, arrival in Morges at 18h49 / 19h12 / 20h49 / 21h49
* If you have an electric bike, be aware that the train from L'Isle to Apples has no lowered floor.
- 18 km
- Difference in height
- 242 Metres