At the foot of the Jura, the commune of Mollens houses historical monuments such as the church, an old Cluniac site.
This small town of 280 inhabitants was attached to the priory of Romainmôtier until 1167. From then, it was affiliated to Cluny and so became a monastic centre. In April of 1798, a fire destroyed 48 houses, the church, as well as all the village archives that it guarded.
Mollens has kept its authentic appearance throughout the centuries. One can still see whilst walking around, its distinguishing fabric featuring a fish bone, its rebuilt church or the trail of an ancient Roman road. Mollens is a small monastic centre whose activity is to reap from its real estate.