Description - From house to house: on the way to climate and ecology
From house to house: on the way to climate and ecology
You will start this lovely cultural walk at the Maison de la Rivière and then walk towards Morges along the Trout Trail.
This path is punctuated by a passage through a nature reserve and a stop (during the Tulip Festival and summer) at the local refreshment bar in Parc de l’Indépendance. The excursion is highlighted by a visit to the Maison du Dessin de Presse (museum of press drawing).
- Morges - Tolochenaz: departure from Morges train station. The MBC bus lines 702 (direction Les Noyers) and 703 (direction Lussy-sur-Morges) lead to the stop "Les Saux" in Tolochenaz where you have to get off. Then it's a 10' walk to the Maison de la Rivière.
- Maison de la Rivière, Tolochenaz: visit of the Maison de la Rivière. Permanent and temporary exhibitions are on display. This nature haven is all about the different ecosystems of the area: lake, forest and river banks.
- Tolochenaz - Morges: follow the Trout Trail in the direction of Morges, up to the port of Petit Bois. Pass through the nature reserve. Follow the path to the Parc de l'Indépendance.
- Morges: lunch with local and home-made products in a restaurant of your choice. In the summer, you can enjoy some dishes at the outdoor bar "La Coquette" in the Parc de l'Indépendance.
- Walk along the quays to the Place du Casino.
Morges' casino is a majestic old building just in front of the lake and the boat landing stage: you can't miss it. It also serves as a restaurant and has a lovely terrace overlooking the lake and the mountains. Turn left to Rue Louis-de-Savoie.
- At the corner of the street: discover the Maison du Dessin de Presse (free). A small museum hosting temporary press drawing exhibitions.
- Morges: in the old town, enjoy a little bit of Slow Shopping and an aperitif with Morges wines and local produce.
Weekdays: Wednesday to Sunday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
means of transport : on foot
Length: 5 km
Budget per person for visits : Adults CHF 10.00 / Children 5.00, excluding meals and drinks
Target Audience: General public, families, visitors interested in the environment
The offers are proposals, the journey is the responsibility of the users.
Please respect other users on footpaths and in nature. Please take back your litter with you.
We thank you for your participation and wish you a lot of fun with this excursion proposal.