The territory extends over a plateau to the west of the Gros de Vaud and the Venoge.
The territory of Aclens has been inhabited since Roman times, but not at the present location of the village, at a place called En Joux; these finds consist of a few walls of dwellings, discovered in 1984.
The main village of the commune seems to have appeared before the 14th century. The archives allow us to learn of the existence of a great fire in 1416.
Aclens was attached to the lordship of Vullierens from 1410 until 1665. Independent from this date, the municipality was bought by the town of Morges, which then included Romanel-sur-Morges and Bremblens within it.
In the Middle Ages, the territory of Aclens included the present-day centre of Aclens and the vanished villages of Chibi, where the parish church was located, and Saint-Christophe. The Choc mill on the banks of the Venoge, mentioned as early as the beginning of the 17th century, was for a long time the only industry in the agricultural village. The existing industrial estate on the Venoge plain was built in 1960.