© Le Grütli
© Sacha Fehlmann
© Léo Fabrizio
© Morges Région Tourisme
© Commune de Mollens
© rights reserved
Architectural journey through centuries
A Cluniac church, an 18th century castle, a gourmet cheese factory, a very special library... at first glance they have nothing in common. And yet these different sites have the particularity of a very singular architecture! Take your bike from Bière to L'Isle and you will discover these places steeped in history while enjoying the green landscapes of the Pied du Jura.
- Morges - Bière: take a ride on the MBC train from Morges to Bière. Platform 5 in Morges, free transport of your bike on the train.
- House of Tourism, Bière: according to the schedule, visit of the House of Tourism, in the Bière train station. The "Carré d'expo" (free of charge) hosts temporary exhibits of local artists.
- Bière - Mollens: by bike, follow the recommended path, which mostly avoids the main roads.
- Mollens: visit the village of Mollens and its clunisian church. Mollens was attached to the priory of Romainmôtier, affiliated with Cluny in 1167 and thus became a small monastic centre. In April 1798, a fire destroyed 48 houses, the church and all the village archives it contained.
Coffee break at the Auberge de Mollens
Contemplation of the castle of Mollens (private), dating from the end of the 18th century.
- Mollens - Montricher: bike route. Enjoy the bucolic scenery between these two villages. You are at the foot of the Jura mountains. From some places, you can enjoy a picturesque view on the lake and the Alps in the background.
- Fromagerie Gourmande, Montricher: visit of the cheese factory, a modern building with a little museum area, where you can learn all about cheese production (free). Lunch on site or at the Auberge Aux 2 sapins, further in the village of Montricher.
- Montricher: village - Jan Michalski Foundation, follow the signs to the Jan Michalski Foundation for Writing and Literature.
Architecture of the 21st century, visit of the library, one of the most beautiful in Switzerland, and of the temporary exhibition.
*OPTION: Visit the Espace La Chaumière in the centre of Montricher (open Friday to Sunday during exhibitions or upon request: 078 659 96 61)
- Montricher - L'Isle: bike route from the Jan Michalski Foundation to L'Isle, follow the suggested itinerary, which passes in front of the river Venoge's spring.
- L'Isle: visit of the village, the Castle gardens and the Confiserie Hohl where you can enjoy some local delicacies.
Evening meal option at the Restaurant du Grütli (Homemade Label)
*OPTION: for the more sporty, join Morges via the Swiss road by bike (Switzerland Mobile) #473, 24 km
- L'Isle - Morges: you can also take the MBC train from L'Isle to Morges with change at Apples.*
Schedule on: www.mbc.ch
* If you have an electric bike, be aware that the train from L'Isle to Apples has no lowered floor.
- 18 km
- Difference in height
- 242 Metres