Dedicated to Peter and Paul, “Le Temple de Cossanay” features very diverse influences through several centuries of construction.
The church was built between the 11th and 12th century in honour of Peter and Paul. It was converted into a church following the Bernese conquest and the imposition of the protestant reformation in the canton. Built step-by-step: The nave dates from the end of the 11th century, the alter dates from the 13th century, the bell tower dates from the 15th century, whereas the porch only dates from the 20th century.
Visible from afar, the bell tower resembles those that are typical in Vaud and inspired by the Cathedral of Lausanne. The 8 stained glass windows were the work of Louis Rivier in 1920s. Financed by a foundation, the church’s organ dates from 2010 and based on an instrument dating back to the 16th century.
As of 1900, the church was registered as being of Swiss cultural and national importance.